- Avoid the use of Aspirin, NSAIDS, Ginko Biloba, Garlic Supplements, Green Tea, FlaxOil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamins A and E, and essential fatty acids for up to 1 week pre andpost injection as they will increase your risk of bruising.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising
- You may take Arnica tablets 2-3 days prior to your injection to reduce the risk of bruising-Do not apply products that are potentially irritating for 2 -3 days before and after treatment (examples-tretinoin/retin-a, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinone)
- Inform your provider if you have a history of cold sores to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment
- Do not use the above stated if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or have a history of neurologic disorders. Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment
- You may use topical anesthetic medication in office before your scheduled appointment (please arrive 15minutes prior to procedure)
- Arrive with a clean face. Please do not wear makeup.
- You may experience a mild amount of tenderness or stinging during and following injection-Redness and swelling are normal. Some bruising may also be visible
- It is best to try to exercise your treated muscles for 1-2 hours after treatment (e.g. practice frowning, raise your eyebrows, and squint). This helps to work the product into your muscles.
- Stay in a vertical position for 4 hours following injection. Do not rest your head or lie down; sit upright.-Ice (but avoid firm pressure) for 15 minutes 3 times the day of treatment-You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness/discomfort
- Do not massage treated areas after treament-After treatment there will be moderate swelling and rednesswith possibility of bruising.You may apply or take Arnica tablets to help decrease the amount of bruising
- Avoid extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Apply SPF.-Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours to reduce bruising. You may resume other normal activities/routines immediately
- Avoid laser, IPL, or skin tightening treatments of the area for a minimum of 24 hours (or as directed by your provider) after injection
Botox is a medication injected into muscles in order to temporarily smooth crow’s-feet around the eyes and frown lines and other lines on the forehead. Botox is known as a lunchtime procedure—the actual injections take only 10 minutes. That said, results generally don’t show up for 24–48 hours. Faces look noticeably smoother within a week, with optimal results showing up after a month.